Hi. I’m Sam, and I shoot weddings! I live in Derby with my wife, Jemma, our energetic and “no fear” of a daughter Betsy, the new addition Buddy, and our mini-sausage dog, Joni!! She might be small, but she knows how to look after herself!
If you want to know a little more about me, in bullet point format, here goes;
– Born in Brum, raised in Derbs!
– I should weigh 20 stone, I can put away croissants like you wouldn’t believe!! Chocolate croissants, don’t even get me started!!!
– I really want to visit New Zealand and Canada! and Yosemite!!
– I speak bad French, so bad it’s funny.
– I’m an ok Skiier and an average snowboarder!!
– I used to own a 1969 MGB GT, she was a beauty. I miss her. Sad face!
– Order me a Dark and Stormy, and I’m yours!!! Or a gin, or a Moscow Mule, or an Espresso Martini, you get the idea!!!
– I once had a hole in one at golf, no kiddin!! Probably my greatest achievement in life, that and the kids! Obvs!!!
– I have a soft spot for Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Gosling! The wife is ok with this!!
I never set out to be a wedding photographer, I’d previously trained as a creative product designer and always had a huge passion for art and design, I was just never very good at drawing!! It wasn’t until I bought a 35mm Canon AE-1 camera in 2009, that I truly realized that photography was my medium, I haven’t looked back since.
I photograph weddings nationwide and internationally, based slap bang in the middle of the UK, in a little place called Derby, I’ve shot weddings in London, Manchester, Devon and Dorset, Wales, France, Italy, Spain and The Philippines, to name a few. If you’re interested in working with me/hiring me, please feel free to get in touch, tweet me, Facebook me, or email me at email@example.com
My work is regularly featured on wedding blogs throughout the UK, including Rock My Wedding, Boho Weddings, Rock n Roll Bride and Whimsical Wonderland Weddings, along with French Wedding Style.