Hi. I’m Sam, and I shoot weddings! I live in a little victorian terrace in Derby with my new wife, Jemma, our energetic and “no fear” of a daughter Betsy, and the worlds 2nd smallest dog, Dolly!! She might be small, but she knows how to look after herself!
If you want to know a little more about me, here goes;
– I love a good box set (MadMen, Breaking Bad, True Detective, GOT, and even New Girl, yeah thats right, New Girl!).
– I really want to visit New Zealand and Canada.
– I’m an ok Skiier and an average snowboarder!!
– I love the Muppets, those little guys crack me up!!
– I used to own a 1969 MGB GT, racing green, wire wheels, not the most reliable in any weather condition, but she was a beauty, unfortunately she had to make way for my first full frame camera!!
– I’ve lost count of the times I’ve watched Frozen, got the soundtrack in my car, Betsy might be to blame for this!
– I once had a hole in one at golf, no kiddin!!
– I have a soft spot for Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Gosling!
– I eat too many biscuits. Oreos are to blame!
I never set out to be a wedding photographer, I’d previously trained as a creative product designer and always had a huge passion for art and design, I was just never very good at drawing!! It wasn’t until I bought a 35mm Canon AE-1 camera in 2009, that I truly realized that photography was my medium, I haven’t looked back since.
I photograph weddings and portraits nationwide and internationally, based slap bang in the middle of the UK, in a little place called Derby, I’ve shot weddings in London, Manchester, Devon and Newquay, Wales, France and The Philippines, to name a few. If you’re interested in working with me/hiring me or you want to talk about old camera’s or how to wean a child off Frozen, please feel free to get in touch, tweet me, Facebook me, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My work is regularly featured on wedding blogs throughout the UK, including Rock My Wedding, Boho Weddings, Rock n Roll Bride and Whimsical Wonderland Weddings, along with French Wedding Style.