Hi. I’m Sam, and I document people at weddings! I live in Derby with my wife Jemma and our 2 kids; the crazy, energetic and beautiful Betsy, and the big lad, gives the best hugs, Buddy! An interest in photography and documenting my own family life eventually developed into a passion that I carry with me when I arrive at a venue on the morning of a wedding. People, and the craziness of bringing people together is at the heart of everything I do.
If you want to know a little more about me, in bullet point format, here goes;
– Born in Brum, raised in Derbs!
– I should weigh 20 stone, I can put away croissants like you wouldn’t believe!! Chocolate croissants, don’t even get me started!!!
– I really want to visit New Zealand and Canada! and Yosemite!!
– I’m a super keen runner and cyclist, if you’re on strava?!
– My first ever triathlon was a full Ironman – 13:17!!
– I speak bad French, so bad it’s funny.
– I love France!
– I’m an ok Skiier and an average snowboarder!!
– I used to own a 1969 MGB GT, she was a beauty. I miss her. Sad face!
– Order me a Dark and Stormy, and I’m yours!!! Or a Moscow Mule, or a Whiskey Sour, you get the idea!!!
– I once had a hole in one at golf, no kiddin!! Probably my greatest achievement in life, that and the kids! Obvs!!!
– I have a soft spot for Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Gosling! The wife is ok with this!!
– The little people we went and made;
I never really set out to be a wedding photographer, I’d previously trained as a creative product designer and always had a huge passion for art and design, I was just never very good at drawing!! It wasn’t until I bought a 35mm Canon AE-1 in 2009, that I truly realized that photography was my medium, I haven’t looked back since. I’ve now been shooting weddings full time for almost 5 years, and have had the pleasure of documenting 200+ all over the UK, Europe, and worldwide!
If you want to follow us and see more of our family life, we’re on Instagram!
I photograph weddings nationwide and internationally, based slap bang in the middle of the UK, in a little place called Derby, I’ve shot weddings in Suffolk, Cornwall, France and Italy, Wales, Sicily, Corsica, Spain and The Philippines, to name a few. If you’re interested in working with me/hiring me, please feel free to get in touch, follow me on Insta, Facebook, or email me at email@example.com